Halsted Welles Associates is a long-established, published New York City Landscape Design-Build-Maintenance firm specializing in high-end rooftops, terraces, and townhouse gardens. For over 50 years, HWA has worked in partnership with a distinguished clientele to develop unique solutions for lifestyle and functional outdoor living. We are a multidisciplinary team of designers, engineers, artisans, craftsmen, and horticulturists who create urban gardens with an understanding of native ecology and human needs.
An opportunity exists in HWA for gardeners to join our team for 2022. Gardeners are responsible for implementing horticultural maintenance and seasonal tasks under the direction of a Garden Supervisor. Our gardeners represent HWA standards while on-site, including integrity, aesthetic value, plant health, environmental considerations, and awareness of hardscape conditions. We offer a flexible schedule and benefits.
- Assist Supervisor in Garden Service maintenance visit tasks
- Participate in all horticulture activities; planting, pruning, fertilizing and bed maintenance
- Maintain hardscape reflecting HWA standards and client expectations
- Alert supervisor to all site conditions and plant health issues
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Gardening experience including planting and pruning (personal or professional)
- Coursework in horticulture
- Working knowledge of irrigation/lighting systems
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to take direction well and complete multiple tasks with detail and proficiency
- Interest in urban horticulture, sustainability, the environment
- Motivated towards the development of professional gardening skills
- Presentable appearance, professional demeanor & professional communication with supervisors, crew, and clients
- Ability to carry a load of 50 lbs. up and down a flight of stairs
- Must show enthusiasm for working in the outdoors and in all types of weather
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume.
Halsted Welles Associates