Start Date: March, 2023 Compensation: $20-$30
Summary: HWA is looking for gardeners to join our team who can implement horticultural maintenance and seasonal tasks under the direction of a Garden Supervisor while upholding HWA standards of integrity, aesthetics, plant health, environmental consideration, and awareness of hardscape conditions.
About HWA: Halsted Welles Associates is a well-established New York City Design-Build-Maintenance firm specializing in rooftops, terraces, and townhouse gardens. Our talented, multi-disciplinary team of garden enthusiasts includes designers, engineers, horticulturalists, artisans, and support staff who are committed to the creation of restorative spaces that integrate artistry and natural ecological systems into the built environment.
- Assist supervisor in garden service maintenance visit tasks
- Participate in all horticultural activities - planting, pruning, fertilizing, and bed maintenance
- Maintain hardscape reflecting HWA standards
- Alert supervisor to all site conditions and plant health issues
- Observe safety and security procedures; demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; apply feedback to improve performance; monitor work to ensure quality
- Ability to take direction well and complete multiple tasks with detail and proficiency; problem solving
- Interest in urban horticulture, sustainability, the environment, and motivated towards the development of professional gardening skills
- Presentable appearance, professional demeanor and communication with supervisors, crew, and clients
- Ability to carry a load of 50 pounds up and down a flight of stairs
- Enthusiastic towards regularly working outdoors
- Adapt well to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; maintain consistent attendance and punctuality
- Follows instructions, respond to management direction; take responsibility for own actions
Contact Information: To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com