(Paid Opportunities) Return to Paid Opportunities
Start Date: February 15, 2023 Compensation: $20 - $30 per hour
The Hay, Honey Farm is a privately owned arboretum/garden in Bernardsville, New Jersey. The property features about twelve acres of gardens, which hold collections of Rhododendron, maple, oak, holly, and dwarf conifers, as well as perennial borders and a vegetable garden. The remaining property is comprised of woodlots, hay fields, riparian buffers, and conservation lands. We currently have a full time, year-round gardener position available for a dependable, self-motivated individual. This position completes a team of five and works under the direction of the Directors of Operations & Horticulture. The work is diverse and encompasses all aspects of large property management: turf management, invasive species control, tractor work, leaf clean up, composting, arboriculture & firewood production, tree & plug planting, mulching, weeding, watering, pruning, trimming and more. This is a year-round 40-hour per week salaried position in a positive work environment. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
The Gardener works in all areas of the property. The work is diverse and encompasses all aspects of large property management: turf management, invasive species control, tractor work, leaf clean up, composting, arboriculture & firewood production, tree & plug planting, mulching, weeding, watering, pruning, trimming and more.
- Applicant MUST be able to operate mowers (including zero turn), tiller, chipper, shredder, compact utility tractors, string trimmers, chain saws, 4WD truck. Experience with PTO tractor implements a plus.
- Maintain a quick but neat and detail- oriented work habit and the ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Able to communicate effectively and take instruction & responsibility for completion of tasks in a timely manner.
- Able to work outdoors in all seasons and weather conditions.
- Hold a clean, valid driver’s license.
- Two years of training and/or experience preferred.
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to Hilary at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Hay, Honey Farm opens to the public twice per year through the Garden Conservancy's Open Days program. For an idea of the type of work we do and the plants we grow, see the_hay_honey_farm@instagram.
The Hay, Honey Farm
Contact Name: Hilary Clayton