(Paid Opportunities) Return to Paid Opportunities
Bloom Craft is a small gardening company located in Brooklyn, NY. We primarily serve residential clients doing maintenance, various seasonal plantings, and small to medium garden installations. When applicable, we have a passion for using organic gardening practices, native plants, and attracting birds and pollinators to the gardens we plant and care for.
We are looking for a gardener able to commit for the entire 2023 season and ideally beyond. The position will average approximately 30 hours per week, with some full-time weeks during the busier months (May-June and November-December). As this is not a strictly full-time position, flexibility with scheduling is available as is an understanding that you might have other obligations. For the right candidate, growth opportunities, increased responsibility, and full-time employment should be available in the future.
There is no strict education or work experience requirements for this position, on the job training is available, although at least one year of urban gardening experience in a professional setting is preferred.
- Maintenance: seasonally appropriate pruning, weeding, composting, mulching, and general tidying.
- Assist with various seasonal plantings including annuals, bulbs, and winter arrangements.
- Assist with various in ground and container plantings including perennials, shrubs, and small trees.
- Plant selection and purchasing for our various projects.
- A passion for plants and an eagerness to get your hands dirty
- A friendly demeanor and exceptional communication skills
- Dependability and punctuality
- Detail oriented
- Ability to regularly lift 20-40 pound bags and potted plants
- Willing to work in inclement weather
- Drivers license or experience driving and a willing to obtain one
Optional - can lead to additional hours and pay
- Light carpentry/woodworking: fences, containers, floating decks
- Stone work: pavers, bricks, concrete removal
Candidates should email two items: 1) a resume 2) a one-page cover letter detailing your interest and goals in the field and expand upon any relevant work and life experiences related to this position. Thank you in advance for your interest and happy spring!
Contact Name: Jason