Gardener / Educator
Start Date: Immediate
The Perfect Earth Project, an East Hampton based 501 (c)(3) non profit that promotes toxin-free lawns and landscapes is looking to hire an experienced gardener to care for our 4 acre experimental/teaching landscape in Springs (East Hampton) NY and to assist with educational and outreach activities.
Position is year round, full or part time, seasonally flexible.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Garden maintenance for flowers, vegetables, meadow, moss and woodland gardens- including planting, weeding, hand watering and irrigation monitoring, composting, pruning, keeping records, etc.
- Supervision and guidance of crew that does mowing, spring/fall clean ups and any other heavy work.
- Landscape handy work including tool maintenance, small repairs, light carpentry and coordination of larger projects.
- Working with Director, advise on educational materials and events for home owners and professionals
- Assist with education and outreach events, and tours of garden.
- Represent Perfect Earth at local environmental events (some weekends)
- Extensive gardening knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of and commitment to toxin-free (organic practices)
- Proven passion for the environment
- Interest in educating others about toxin-free lawn and landscape care
- Ability to communicate and engage others with knowledge and enthusiasm
- Highly motivated and able to work well without supervision.
- Good organizational skills
- Functional computer skills, and familiarity with MIcrosoft Word
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include your gardening specialty, your hobbies, and why you garden.
Perfect Earth Project