Gardener / Landscape Maintenance Technician
We are seeking to add landscape gardeners to our New York City horticultural service team. This is a dynamic full-time position that requires a high energy, detail oriented, plantsman who works well independently as well as being a reliable part of our team.
- Will be expected to be responsible for their own accounts
- Demonstrate a working knowledge in the installation and care of common landscape annuals, perennials, shrubs, and ornamental trees.
- Understand the job responsibilities for each day and prepare accordingly.
- Install plants efficiently, with design consideration in mind, as directed by company paperwork, site evaluation, and the Operation Manager.
- Leave jobsites broom clean.
- Knowledge of common garden pests/diseases and IPM
- Planting; as well as help on installations
- Communicating with service staff and operations staff
- Communicating with clients regarding plant care
- This position requires a strong communicator (by phone and email), an enthusiastic attitude, responsible and reliable person.
- Greenwall / Living Wall maintenance is also included. Training will be provided and candidate will need to be thorough, patient and reliable to successfully care for vertical gardens.
- Candidate must be capable of lifting up to 50lbs, be comfortable working on a ladder and being active all day.
- Candidate will be expected to work in a wide range of weather and temperature extremes and must be able to successfully manage account workload.
- Candidates must demonstrate a working knowledge in the installation and care of common landscape annuals, perennials, shrubs, and ornamental trees.
- Basic familiarity with identification and treatment of diseases and insects effecting landscape plants is a must.
- Ability to work in Knowledge of NYC public transportation and/or valid NY driver’s license a plus but not required.
Blondie’s Treehouse Inc. is a nationally recognized horticultural firm based in the New York area. Specializing in the design, installation and maintenance of Interior Plantscapes, Exterior Landscapes, Floral Artistry and Holiday Décor, Blondie’s has been setting industry standards for over 35 years. As a multi-faceted, dynamic company Blondie’s is known for landscape design and construction, seasonal horticultural styling, rooftop gardens and interior specimen plantings. Always looking for new talent, Blondie’s prides itself on providing the best the industry has to offer.
This is a great opportunity to develop a career with a premier Horticultural service company. Benefits include; paid vacation and holidays, educational industry opportunities, career development support, medical insurance and 401k.
Candidate must be willing to commit until the end of November and be reliable – opportunity to
- Full-time, Seasonal Position return next gardening season
Salary: $18-$20/hour based on experience
Experience: Horticulture 1 year preferred
License: Drivers License preferred
Work Location: Multiple locations throughout the NYC area
Send resume to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org