Gardener Landscaper Driver (Brooklyn Manhattan)
(Paid Opportunities) Return to Paid Opportunities
Compensation: $25 - $30 per hour
We are a small landscape design and fine gardening business. We focus on natural and organic materials and we do not maintain lawns or do ‘mow and blow’ gardening. We are looking for an experienced Fine Gardening Assistant to work with us on very specialized garden maintenance. We are most interested in honest hard workers with lots of integrity. Must have a positive attitude, passion for working with plants, and an eye for garden design. Knowledge and experience both natural and formal pruning techniques is imperative. Experience with basic irrigation mechanics and repair is highly desirable. Opportunities to learn landscape design are also available for serious candidates.
Part-Time Independent Contractor with flexible hours and scheduling. (1-2 days per week)
$25 - $30 per hr.
Compensation will be based on experience with opportunity to move up.
As soon as possible, flexible for the appropriate candidate.
Project locations will be throughout Brooklyn and Manhattan on penthouse rooftops, terraces, and small brownstone/townhouse backyards.
Assistant Fine Gardener will perform the day to day maintenance of our residential gardens. The associates will work in close cooperation with one another to carry out all tasks necessary to maintain and preserve our clients’ gardens and will work directly with the owner of the company.
• Maintain our gardens to world class standards.
• Remove natural debris that builds up in beds, lawns, and containers.
• Plant and remove trees, shrubs, annuals, and perennials.
• Replace seasonal annual plantings.
• Prune and deadhead woody and herbaceous plants.
• Apply fertilizer/supplements.
• Mulch and grade soil.
• Check plants for pests and diseases.
• Respond to emails, texts, and phones calls!
• Alert team to any pests, diseases, damages, and problems.
• Program irrigation controller and some minor irrigation repairs, when necessary.
• Keep work areas clean especially after projects.
• Keep garden records and photograph work for future reference, when requested.
• Monitor supplies and suggest improvement.
•Carry heavy and bulky plants, materials, and tools through our clients’ homes without leaving a spec of dirt or mess. Protect our clients’ homes with paper and plastic.
• Background in landscaping, horticulture, or gardening experience of 2 years either through coursework or experience.
• Hardworking individuals capable of doing physically strenuous work in all weather. Ability to easily lift 50 pounds.
• Outgoing personalities who can serve as ambassadors to our patrons, work hard, and have fun doing it.
• Responsible individuals committed to doing every job well.
• Punctual attendance
• Valid driver's license and experience with NYC driving is a MUST
HOW TO APPLY:
Send cover letter and resume.
No calls please
Samuel Lewis Landscapes LLC
Contact Name: Samuel Lewis