Start Date: March 2020 Compensation: $20 - $25 / hr
Gardener needed for high-end design/build company in Brooklyn
We are a Landscape Design + Build company with sustainably-minded design, construction and maintenance company specializing in creating beautiful low-impact and low-maintenance urban gardens. We are currently seeking a full-time and/or part-time gardener who has extensive knowledge of plants and plant care, urban garden maintenance and a passion for the outdoors.
- Ability to identify plants and how to care for each one (fertilizing, soil preparation, planting, pruning, weeding, etc.).
- Ability to work either alone or with a partner and conduct oneself in a professional manner around our clients.
- Be clean, organized and have a detailed work ethic.
- Good understanding of the aesthetics of plant placement.
- Good understanding of, and ability to treat, plant diseases and pests.
- Valid NY driver’s license, with a clean driving record, and ability to drive a cargo van.
- Capacity to think independently, identifying problems and solving them.
- Ability to lift at least 60 lbs.
- Willingness to work with our design/build team on days when gardening is not possible.