Gardener, Part-time, Experienced
Start Date: Now Compensation: $18 - $22
The professional gardener is an integral part of the team of Gardens by Joan and plays an important role in providing maintenance to all contracted clients’ gardens as well as more complex design/installation projects. The gardener needs to perform all gardening maintenance tasks; provide excellent customer service; and perform light hardscaping such as laying of bluestone
The gardener will:
- perform all gardening maintenance tasks including soil preparation, planting, pruning, fertilizing, dividing, weeding, edging, watering, deadheading, mulching, transplanting, organic pest and disease management, and organic debris removal.
- provide excellent customer service by being courteous, friendly, and approachable.
- do light hardscaping such as the laying of bluestone pavers or garden edging.
- Keep inventory of tools and complete daily maintenance forms.
The gardener must:
- have 4+ years in urban landscape installation and maintenance.
- possess a good knowledge of plants that thrive in NYC gardens and their maintenance requirements including trees, shrubs, vines, perennials, grasses, bulbs, and annuals.
- have excellence attendance and punctuality.
- be able to work with a team or independently.
- be detailed oriented, reliable, and responsible with a good work ethic and attitude.
- be able to work outdoors in varied weather conditions (must own rain gear!) with sustained physical activity (able to lift 50 lbs. repeatedly).
- have a valid and clean driver’s license and know how to drive!
MUST LIVE IN BROOKLYN AS WE ARE NOT TAKING THE SUBWAY. HAVING A CAR IS A PLUS!