Gardener - Part-time/Payroll
(Paid Opportunities) Return to Paid Opportunities
Start Date: Mid-March Compensation: $25-$30
Bluestar Gardens is a boutique firm that offers design, installation and maintenance services for both residential and commercial clients in the New York City area. Founded by Martha Lazar, Bluestar Gardens is based on a lifelong love of gardening and the outdoors as well as a desire to create natural spaces in the urban environment. At Bluestar Gardens, we work hard, while maintaining a light-hearted environment of mutual respect.
We are looking for a part-time seasonal gardener to work 3 days/week (Mon/Tues/Wed) to join our team. Extra days a possibility in the busy seasons. Gardener will be on payroll. Pay is commensurate with experience, with a base rate of $25.
- Planting, weeding, pruning, mulching and other duties necessary to maintain private gardens. Planting includes seasonal displays as well as full installations.
- Arriving to work on time, dressed for the weather with a positive attitude.
- Punctual, honest, friendly and hardworking.
- Basic knowledge of ornamental trees, shrubs, perennials, and annuals preferred with a willingness to learn. Emphasis on native plants.
- Ability to move through clients’ homes carefully, and cleanly.
- Communicate with clients in a respectful manner.
- Able to lift 40 lbs.
- Be comfortable on rooftops and ladders
- Valid driver’s license preferred
Bluestar Gardens, Inc.
Contact Name: Martha Lazar