Gardener - Perennial & Annuals
Start Date: 7.15.21 Compensation: $20-25/hr
Gardener Team Member- with opportunity to develop and sell projects. R&S Landscaping is hiring immediately, with a $300 signing bonus. Paid as follows; $100 after 30 days, $100 after 60 days, $100 after 90 days. R&S Landscaping is a well-established firm specializing in high end residential design/build and after care. We are located in Bergen County, NJ and have been in business for over 35 years and are recognized as a leader in our area. We are an innovative, progressive company with a great team of friendly, creative and motivated professionals.
Position Title: Specialty Gardening Team Member & Sales
Purpose: To assist specialty gardening crew leader with production and sales of landscape services and plantings. Develop relationships with clients in the field and foster new sales. Help gardening team to learn and grow as professional gardeners.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Vacations
- Medical Benefits
- Education Reimbursement
- Advancement opportunities!
- Provide perennial bed care on given routes.
- Perform trimming and pruning jobs as needed.
- Maintain high quality for all work produced.
- Assist with installations for Annuals, Seasonal Color, and Bulbs.
- Design and install decorative planters.
- Maintain paperwork on route list and work orders, ensuring time/date and materials
Sales and Customer Service
- Pro-actively communicate with customers on site:
- Answer questions
- Make suggestions for additional work
- Conduct site inspections logging information with photos and notes through the app on tablet
- Identify company-wide services to up-sell and recommend to clients on site.
- Learn customers’ preferences and transcend their likes into their gardens.
- Shop, Vehicle, Materials, Equipment, and Yard Maintenance
- Strong interest in horticulture.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Positive attitude.
- Customer service skills.
- Desire to learn, improve and grow.
- Ability to work with people and communicate effectively.
- An excellent attendance and tardiness record.
- Knowledge of perennials, woody plants and their growth habits.