Start Date: Asap Compensation: $25
Holly, Wood + Vine is a well-established, full service landscape design/build firm, specializing in the design and construction of New York City brownstone backyard and terrace gardens. We are currently seeking a fulltime Staff Gardener, with a minimum 1 year experience in all aspects of urban gardening.
- Working knowledge of plant names and culture (fertilizing, soil preparation, planting, pruning, weeding, etc.).
- Highly detailed work ethic.
- Keen aesthetic for combining and positioning plants in containers and planting beds.
- Working knowledge of plant diseases and pests, and the ability to treat these issues.
- Possess a good and positive attitude, in all weather conditions.
- Valid NY driver’s license, with a clean driving record, and ability to drive a truck up to 16’.
- Experience purchasing plant material from wholesale nurseries on Long Island and in NJ.
- Capacity to think independently, identifying problems and solving them.
- Possess a working knowledge of drip irrigation and landscape lighting systems.
- Work constructively and collaboratively with a small, tight-knit group of gardening professionals.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Holly, Wood & Vine, Ltd.