Green Wall Technician
Start Date: 7/15/19 Compensation: $22-$28/hr
Greenery NYC is seeking a talented Green Wall Technician to join our team. Must have professional horticultural experience and knowledge of living walls.
Greenery NYC is a biophilic design company with a studio and showroom in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. Our focus is on the emerging field of biophilic design and collaborating with our clients to create environments that successfully incorporate nature into human spaces to make happier, healthier and more productive places to live and work.
Hours range from part time to full time and some evening and weekend work may be required. This position involves traveling via subway to various locations around Manhattan and Brooklyn.
- Pruning and performing general plant maintenance on living walls throughout Manhattan and Brooklyn.
- Proficiency with irrigation; able to operate and troubleshoot the automated systems used within Greenery NYC. This includes but is not limited to: using timers, recording and changing irrigation settings, operating green walls, using nutrient injectors and being able to calculate fertilization rates in order to deliver the appropriate amount of water and nutrients to plants.
- Knowledge of tropical plants used in interiors, including species-specific watering needs, fertilization requirements, light requirements and the ability to use a light meter.
- Proficiency in problem solving and troubleshooting issues that come up; able to deal with issues in an independent manner with a proactive approach.
- Monitor and treat for pests as needed.
- 1+ years professional experience with irrigation and horticultural troubleshooting
- Proactive, hard-working, and punctual
- Ability to ID and treat plant-based pests and disease
- Proper pruning and planting skills
- Comfortable working on ladders and lifts
- Willingness and ability to learn
- Experience with low voltage lighting systems a plus
- Must be self-motivated, energetic, hardworking, honest, reliable and responsible