Greenhouse Manager - Retail
(Paid Opportunities) Return to Paid Opportunities
Start Date: ASAP Compensation: DOE
Crest Hardware & Urban Garden Center is a family owned and operated business that has been in Williamsburg, Brooklyn since 1962. Alongside our hardware operation we offer a year-round greenhouse full of houseplants and a garden center that is fully stocked with a large selection of herbs & veggies, trees/shrubs, perennials and seasonal live goods. We also have an ever changing selection of pottery and containers as well as a full array of dry goods.
We are currently looking for a full-time manager to lead our greenhouse. The right person has a unique eye with vision and drive to curate our greenhouse’s large sales volume. The candidate should be able to roll with the punches and think quickly on their feet in our fast-paced sales environment. We need someone who can confidently lead staff members in executing tasks while balancing one’s own responsibilities. Sales are any retails business’ most important focus, but in addition to growing profits we are seeking a manager who understands the importance of building deep connections with our store’s diverse and every changing community.
- 3 or more years’ experience working with plants or a horticulture degree.
- Must be available to work full time
- Experience in retail management preferred
- Have a positive go-getter attitude and be able to thrive in an environment where no two days are the same.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Strong work ethic, trustworthy, with an eye for details.
- Deep passion for plants and the very evolving world of horticulture!
- Procure and select indoor plants from a vast network of wholesalers to guarantee an adequate and unique inventory of goods to meet sales demand
- Responsible for ordering and curating selection of hard goods.
- Provide training, direction and feedback to our garden team
- Helping receive and process incoming orders
- Lead team in keeping a clean and organization visual presentation of shop
- Lead in maintaining an orderly and accessible stock room
- Communicate business trends, product feedback, stock levels and customer requests to the store owners and staff members
- Responsible for caring for plant inventory and educating staff and customers on plant care and maintenance
- Responsible for identifying and managing pest issues of live good stock
- Responsible for responding to daily garden center emails
- Be willing to get dirty alongside the team and work in the elements (Sun, Rain, Snow, Hot, Cold)
Crest offers elected health, dental and vision benefits to all full-time employees as well as an optional 401K plan. Full-time employees receive 2 weeks’ paid vacation and in addition to NY State 5 paid sick days.
Crest Hardware & Urban Garden Center
Contact Name: Liza Franquinha