Compensation: $65,000-$70,000 w Benefits
An Estate in Garrison, NY is looking for a Grounds Gardener to maintain their property, which includes a Preserve and Private Gardens, to the highest standards with a focus on ecological and sustainable practices. Working under the Ecological Landscape Manager's guidance and in collaboration with other staff the Gardener handles various tasks, such as gardening, trail maintenance, grounds work, equipment upkeep, and trash removal. The role requires professionalism, reliability, and respect for privacy and confidentiality. As a crucial member of the property team, the Grounds Gardener helps realize the principal’s vision for the estate, emphasizing ecological and sustainable practices. The position is full-time, with some flexibility based on seasonal needs, and occasional weekend support may be required.
- Oversees subcontracted landscape teams.
- Prioritize environmentally responsible protocols
- Maintain trails and gardens and perform routine maintenance on tools and equipment.
- Assist with irrigation systems, participate in larger projects, support special events when needed.
- Knowledge and experience in horticulture with a focus on natural landscapes.
- Familiarity with native plants and a passion for supporting local ecosystems.
- Organized, systematic, and effective communication skills with a team player attitude.