Start Date: ASAP Compensation: Union Scale
Grounds Person for the Landscape Department physical grounds of a 50+ acre garden-style apartment complex located in Westchester, NY. The landscape consists of streetscapes, green courtyards under renovation for passive recreation, brook, a large lawn area adjoining a lake, and lake edge under renovation. There are many mature trees, and a planting program is under way to create a succession planting.
- Mowing Services - weed pulling, mowing, string trimming, blowing, edging, raking, leaf cleanup, watering plants/landscape
- Operate large power equipment such as: ride on mowers, walk behind mower, string trimmer, power shears and blowers safely and effectively.
- Landscape planting installation - tree & turf watering, etc.
- Pruning Services - tree & shrub pruning, unloading pruning debris, etc.
- Grounds Enhancement Services - shoveling, picking, digging holes/trenches.
- Operating Tools - hand tools, power equipment and various mechanical objects.
- Winter Work - snow removal and clearing services (shoveling/plowing/apply ice melt),
- Other duties may include trash and/or recycling pick-up.
- Physically fit, able to lift and carry 50 pounds.
- Arrive for work daily, on time and in complete uniform. Maintaining strict punctuality at starting and quitting times, and after breaks and lunch periods.
- Valid Driver’s License
This is a 32BJ union position.
The Woodner Company
Contact Name: Theresa Pena