Under the direction of the Turf Crew Supervisor, the Groundskeeper is responsible for maintaining and restoring lawns, weed whacking, and upkeep of equipment.
40 hours/week. Rate of Pay - $15.00/hour. This is a seasonal position from March 26th, 2018 through November 2nd, 2018
- Perform general maintenance and mowing of approximately 200 acres of lawns, including lawns inside Quaker Cemetery once per week.
- Operate and maintain various vehicles including but not limited to Toro Groundsmaster mowers, John Deere Gator, Toro Workman, Electric Gem car, and Ford pick-up truck
- Operate and maintain various power tools such as weed whackers, blowers, lawn mowers, ball field pump, rototiller and pressure washer
- Daily maintenance of all equipment and storage containers.
- Assist with lawn renovations
- Install, maintain, and remove ballfield and lawn renovation fences.
- Assist crews from ballfields, landscape management, and maintenance and operations when necessary for emergencies, special events and special projects.
- Interact with the public to help resolve issues, provide information, and answer general park questions.
- Supervise various seasonal work forces in turf-related projects.
- Will be trained in-house to operate various equipment.
- Valid New York State Driver’s License
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- 1-2 years experience in turf/landscape management.
- Basic working knowledge of small and large engines and equipment upkeep.
- Must possess physical capacity and mobility to lift and operate heavy tools, equipment and machinery to accomplish essential work tasks
The Prospect Park Alliance is a non-profit organization that sustains, restores and advances Prospect Park for the benefit of diverse communities, in partnership with the City of New York. Prospect Park is Brooklyn’s flagship park and a National Historic Landmark, designed by Frederick Law Olmsted and Calvert Vaux. The Alliance cares for the natural environment, preserves historic design and serves the community by providing public programming and Park amenities for the Park, which receives more than 10 million visits each year. The Alliance’s work in historic preservation and park revitalization is nationally recognized.
Prospect Park Alliance is an equal opportunity employer committed to making diversity as much a part of its everyday operations as it is a part of its mission and values. The Alliance is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Prospect Park Alliance
Website: Apply Online