Start Date: ASAP Compensation: $60,000 - $90,000
Location: Sands Point, NY
We are offering a unique opportunity for an experienced horticulturist with an eye for design, to care for and manage the beautiful landscapes, extensive gardens and greenhouses of a large estate. The ideal candidate will be a highly creative and hands-on gardener, who has an understanding of organic gardening techniques, lawn care, seasonal garden and bed planting, as well as a knowledge of, and an interest in orchids and tropical plants. Ideally, the candidate will be someone who also has some experience and enjoys working with exotics, id addition to small farm animals.
A 3A Pest Management Certification and experience with vegetable garden design, installation and maintenance as well as a strong knowledge of specimen tree care is preferred. This individual will have the benefit of a close working relationship with the talented homeowner to continue to develop and enhance the property to its fullest potential.
Full time, year round position with oversight of 4 gardeners on staff.
- Associates Degree or greater in Horticultural Sciences, or considerable and documented in-field experience.
- A minimum of 3 years in private or public gardening or urban horticulture.
- Ability to drive, with a clean US driver’s license.
- Ability to work weekends or long hours as needed.
- Ability to lift and carry supplies and materials as needed.
- Ability to both work alone, and as part of a team.
- English proficiency, Spanish is a plus.
Contact Name: Jillian