Horticultural Crew Leader
Trillium Landscape Design is a boutique rooftop and garden design/build firm based in New York City. We are currently seeking a highly trained, hands on, urban gardener/horticulturist to be our Horticultural Crew Leader. The candidate should not only possesses a strong horticultural/landscape background, but should also have a strong sense of aesthetics and passion for urban garden maintenance and installation. The candidate must be hardworking, genuine, personable, professional, organized and a great communicator. If you are looking for long-term employment and want to grow with an established and trusted company, this position is for you.
- Possess a well-developed skill set in horticulture: Plant identification, plant health care, weed and pest identification, planting, transplanting, dead heading, IPM, tree/shrub pruning, fertilizing and soil management
- Ability to recognize signs and symptoms of distressed plant material and apply knowledge to remedy health issues
- Organize and execute seasonal, perennial and woody installations with an eye for design and quality (According to information given by Director of Landscape Design)
- Work with gardeners and field staff during all installations, maintenance and debris removal (Including sweeping, vacuuming, blowing etc)
- Lead and train crews in horticultural practices. (Communicate with Director of Landscape Design/Operations Manager)
- Responsible for bulk materials/tool/equipment cleaning and entering inventory as needed (Report to Operations Manager)
- Work with Operations Manager to create IPM/Irrigation/Spray calendars and reports
- Interact with client in a professional manner and respect their privacy and time
- Assist Director of Landscape Design to keep accurate Master Nursery Sheet records
- Always maintain a clean and safe job environment. (Vehicle, Company Yard, Client Building, Client Home)
- Protect homes and all outdoor surfaces with drop clothes, tarps and floor protection
- Log all hours and materials used - Report previous week’s work hours to Office Manager
- Diploma/Degree in Horticulture
- Five years of professional experience in Urban Garden Maintenance and Plant Installations (Two of those being in an urban garden setting)
- Ability to work all day installing with field crew Experience in Irrigation and lighting installation Knowledge of TRI-State nurseries a plus Knowledge of the New York Public Transportation System
- Must be punctual
- Must be able to carry 50 lb.
- Must have the ability to work in all types of weather.
- Must maintain a valid NYS driver’s license and be a confident city driver (Small and Large Vehicles)
- When required, work on selected weekends
- Ability to work on your own and work well with others
- Compensation packages commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Trillium Landscape Design is an equal opportunity employer.
- We are committed to a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Paid Holidays/Vacation/Sick Days and transportation expense.
Trillium Landscape Design
Contact Name: Dan Hunter