Compensation: $50,000 - $65,000
Blondie’s Treehouse Inc. is a nationally recognized horticultural firm based in the New York City area. Specializing in the design, installation and maintenance of Interior Plantscapes, Exterior Landscapes, Floral Artistry and Holiday Décor, Blondie’s has been setting industry standards for over 35 years. As a multi-faceted, dynamic company Blondie’s is known for landscape design and construction, seasonal horticultural styling, rooftop gardens and interior specimen plantings. Always looking for new talent, Blondie’s prides itself on providing the best the industry has to offer.
We are seeking to add a key member to our Operations team. This is a dynamic full-time position that requires a high energy, detail oriented self-starter who works well independently as well as being a crucial component to the success of the team.
Candidate will work with managers to facilitate daily operations, including but not limited to:
- Analyze data on proposals and job work orders and confer with sales/service staff to determine plant specifications and reasonable pricing.
- Research and evaluate suppliers on price, quality, selection, service and availability.
- Purchase the highest quality plants and materials at the best possible price and in the correct amounts.
- Collaborate with Landscape Architects and Garden Designers to interpret their designs and help make them a reality.
- Visit nurseries and growers to hand select the appropriate plants of the best quality.
- Supervise and assist with the loading and off loading of plant material to assure safe handling and shipment.
- Receive and monitor shipments to ensure quality and resolve problems related to undelivered or damaged goods.
- Maintain records of items purchased and costs.
- Organize plants and other relevant job materials according to work orders for installation crews for next day’s jobs.
- Speak with install crews to solve problems that may arise.
- Maintain inventory of plant material and supplies needed for day to day operations and unexpected events.
- Experience with exterior ornamentals
- Horticulture experience
- Drivers license with a clean driving record