We are a design build firm looking to add a skilled Installation Specialist: Gardener to our organization.
We build beautiful gardens in backyards and rooftops throughout New York City. This is a serious growth opportunity- we have a robust volume of work and will invest to develop talents in the right individuals. We work outside year round. Everyone on our crew (including management) contributes to labor efforts such as plant and soil load outs, decorative stone load in and placement, digging/ excavation and job site preparation, material and container moving and installation, shop and job site organization. We install all of our gardens which includes plantings, soil, containers, irrigation installation and landscape lighting installation. We need people who are problem solvers, strong communicators, have a positive mental attitude and simply love being part of building beautiful gardens.
The Installation Specialist: Gardener is well-versed in job site planting both terraces (container planting) and at-grade installation contexts. The candidate has knowledge and solid understandings of plant species, horticulture planting techniques, bed preparation, container planting, drainage, irrigation and low voltage and other facets of garden installation. Heavy equipment experience is a plus.
The Installation Specialist will assist the Director of Horticulture with material take offs and procurement, identifying daily logistics, on and off site critical path thinking, client soft skills.
Plant procurement is the number one skill priority. Previous experience traveling to and shopping at area nurseries, familiarity with inventory and ability to quickly vet and secure alternates to specified plants is an absolute must.
The Ideal candidate has a point of view of plantings, and considers planting design to be their art. This is a collaborative environment in which the installation specialist can both learn from the Creative Director and Director of Horticulture as well as contribute creatively to the planting design process.
Our company is a Horticulture focused organization, seeking to elevate the art and craft of gardening.
Planting plan/ drawing reading is a plus.
- Nursery Shopping
- Site Preparation
- Plant container preparation
- Irrigation system installation
- Landscape lighting installation
- Capable of driving and operating large vehicles in New York City
- Capable of lifting 100 pounds.
- Hardcore work ethic
- Impeccable taste in music
- Artistic flair
- Organizational know how
- Style and finesse
- Flawless punctuality
- Sense of humor
- Enjoy puzzles
- Boundless enthusiasm
- Prolific attention span
- DRIVERS LICENSE
- THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITION
- We are hiring immediately.
- Salary range listed will be evaluated and assigned commensurate to experience.
- Applications including portfolio images of previous professional experience are encouraged.
- Would love to talk if this sounds like you-
- Please respond with information about yourself- resume, relevant experience and confirmation that you have a drivers license and have experience driving trucks in New York City.