Horticulture Team Member
Start Date: Immediately Compensation: $20 - $32p/h
Brook Landscape is looking for Horticulture Team members to join us. We build beautiful rooftops and backyard gardens throughout New York City. We are a team of gardeners, woodworkers, masons, welders, foodies, and designers. We're looking for a human spark plug with a positive mental attitude, hardcore work ethic, sense of humor, meticulous craftmanship, artistic flair, impeccable style, a penchant for puzzles, and unquenchable enthusiasm. This individual is a team player, a peacemaker, and the life of the party; if this sounds like you, get in touch.
- Day-to-day implementation of tasks as assigned by the Director of Horticulture and Director of Operations as necessary to support daily team activities in-house and in the field.
- Material handling, organization, and site transport
- Maintain clean job sites, shop premises, and vehicles
- Maintain professional behavior at all times
- Assist teams with physically demanding work, must be able to lift 100lbs. Therefore, the candidate can expect to be physically active daily.
- Candidate must have an excellent driving record and be comfortable with driving a large commercial van in New York City.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Possesses essential familiarity/experience with carpentry framing (decks and fences),
- Excellent planting knowledge
- The ability to identify plants by species
- Planting technique and other horticulture-related skill sets
- Low voltage and irrigations experience is a plus
- Description of job-related experience in the response email
- Resume in PDF format
- Three references, one personal and two professional
- Proof of COVID Vaccines, including boosters, is required
Contact Name: Allen
Phone: 718 344 9499