Start Date: 07/21/2021 Compensation: $35-$45 per hour
At Farm Landscape Design we apply our skills and knowledge as landscape architects, designers, environmentalists and horticulturists to design regenerative landscapes. We aspire to create evocative and poetic places, that engage natural frameworks and support local ecology. Through our work, we are joining in a growing cultural conversation that challenges extractive and short-sited land use practices, to offer more reciprocal and sustainable solutions. Our designs work with natural processes to enhance the health and vitality of our personal and communal spaces. We believe in humanities creative potential. For examples of our work please visit www.farmdesignllc.com.
Landscapes grow, change, and evolve. We are looking for a team member who will curate and guide the evolution of our newly installed landscapes over time. This position requires a deep knowledge of plants, ecology, and current landscape maintenance practices. It will also require a great design aesthetic, team building skills and an ability to focus both large and small details. Beyond this, we are looking for someone who is intensely curious, who is interested in moving beyond current cultural landscape care models to build more sustainable and thriving landscapes.
- Work with lead designer to build upon and enhance current landscapes throughout its ongoing evolution.
- Coordinate and monitor landscape installation work. This could include gardens, meadows, and tree plantings and more.
- Monitor landscape maintenance on multiple projects and consult as needed.
- Assist/advise staff Landscape Architects on planting schemes, source plants, calculate plant quantities, review and compare bids.
- Draft landscape maintenance guidelines for individual properties.
- Maintain landscape work history. Compile and update meeting notes, plant lists and photos for company and client records.
- Compile plant lists and prepare planting plans for perennial vegetable and herb gardens.
- Promote organic and non-toxic landscape maintenance practices.
- Shared aesthetic and a talent for landscape design.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple on-going projects
- Familiarity and competence with estimates, invoices and tracking budgets.
- Gardening experience and knowledge of the native landscapes and “natural” planting styles.
- Comfort and experience with Microsoft excel, Microsoft word, photoshop and in design.
- Competence in reading landscape plans. (Hand Drafting skills, graphic skills and or AutoCAD a big plus)
- Knowledge and interest in promoting non-toxic landscape care
- Team oriented
- Knowledge and experience in establishing native plant meadows (a plus)
- Studies in horticulture, permaculture, ecology, and design
WORKING CONDITIONS: The Horticulturist will be expected to work in the office as well as on site at client properties and nurseries. Personal transportation required. Mileage reimbursed.
SUBMITTALS: Please submit resume and cover letter as a single pdf. Submit photos of work and/or separate portfolio either as a .pdf (no larger than 10MB) or Attach weblink to: firstname.lastname@example.org . No phone calls please.
Full time position with the possibility of flexible winter hours. Salary is commensurate with experience. Health benefits, flexible hours and matching IRA provided. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Farm Landscape Design