Job Type: Full-Time, Year-Round; Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week; Exempt
Salary Range: $60,000 - $65,000
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package following 60 day introductory period (health insurance, paid time off, etc.), free parking on site, etc.
Work Location: 10 Central Road, New York, NY 10035 (Randall's Island Park - Icahn Stadium)
Randall’s Island Park Alliance, Inc. (RIPA) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that works with the City of New York and local communities to provide an innovative and exciting destination through a wide range of sports venues, public programs, cultural events, and environmental exploration. As the dedicated steward of Randall’s Island Park, the Alliance sustains, maintains, develops, and programs the Park to support the wellbeing of all New Yorkers. The HR Associate will be responsible for carrying out the administrative aspects of the Human Resources department. The role will be responsible for assisting with recruitment efforts, benefits administration, new hire orientations, offboarding, payroll and record keeping. The HR Associate will also perform general administrative tasks as needed, in conjunction with the Finance Associate and Administrative Coordinator. This role will support a staff comprised of approximately 45 full-time year-round employees, 30 full-time seasonal employees, 30 summer camp employees and a seven-day-a-week operation. The HR Associate will report to the Chief of Staff.
- With oversight from the Chief of Staff, assist with carrying out multiple functions of Human Resources.
- Provide direct support to the Chief of Staff and handle all HR related administrative duties, including but not limited to, employment verifications, retrieving paystubs, wage and garnishment notifications, OSHA reports, file maintenance.
- With mindfulness of the Employee Handbook, make note of possible changes throughout the year, implement procedures, ensure compliance; recommend revisions to policies and procedures contained therein and communicate any changes to all personnel.
- Assist with the administrative aspect of employee benefits programs, including enrollments, terminations, reviewing billing, answering employee inquiries, etc.
- Work collaboratively with the Finance Associate to process the payroll in a timely and accurate manner.
- Work collaboratively with the Administrative Coordinator to plan the logistics of company-wide activities (staff trainings, appreciation events, luncheons, meetings etc.), as needed.
- Work collaboratively with the Administrative Coordinator to prepare for Board Meetings, Committee meetings, etc.
- Prepare and send professional correspondence, and memorandums to staff members, as needed.
- Oversee human resources recordkeeping and ensure records are in compliance with Federal and State regulations.
- Serve as an administrator of a web-based applicant tracking system, placement of job announcements, conducting phone interviews as needed, preparing for new employee orientations, conducting new employee orientations, and other on-boarding and off-boarding activities.
- Responsible for pre-employment procedures including coordinating background checks, creating offer letters, etc.
- Administer all leaves of absence (FMLA, disability, unpaid, parental, etc.).
- Shadow the Chief of Staff, as needed, when facilitating interviews, resolution of employee grievances, coaching staff, administering disciplinary forms, terminations, etc.
- Maintain all personnel files and other human resources information such as job descriptions, new hire documentation packages, and payroll data.
- Responsible for attending the Health and Safety Committee and reporting workplace injuries through Workers' Compensation.
- Willingness to work in a flexible environment and contribute to other areas, as needed.
- Available for occasional calls on weekends/evenings.
- Perform all general administrative tasks, as assigned.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college and 1-2 years of experience in a human resources related role, with heavy administrative experience.
- Outstanding administrative and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; demonstrated influence and diplomacy at all levels.
- Ability to work with different populations and employees at all levels with an organization.
- Unquestionable ability to be discreet and manage confidential information.
- Technologically astute with strong computer proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to put together PowerPoint presentations and overall, properly prepare for meetings.
- Strong communication and writing skills; able to respond to requests in an effective and timely manner.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, as well as strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively and form positive working relationships.
- Ability to shift priority and focus, as needed.
- Motivated and punctual, able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Valid Driver License
- Certification from the Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM) or the HR Certification Institute.
- Enjoys public spaces, the environment, and conservation programs and is personally committed to RIPA’s mission.
- Experience with ADP WorkForce Now and ADP Time and Attendance Module.
- Experience working in a not-for-profit environment.
- Proficient in Spanish.
Randall's Island Park Alliance
Website: Apply Online