Indoor Farmer / Aquaculture Manager
We are looking for a person to help us operate our indoor controlled environment farm and recirculating aquaculture system starting in October. The farmer’s time will be split between horticultural production and aquaculture management and development, with opportunities for learning and professional advancement on both sides depending on the farmer’s strengths and interests. The folks looking to fill our Indoor Farmer / Aquaculture Manager position are active, detail oriented, clean, able to adapt to evolving farm conditions, and find pride in providing wholesome nutritious food to the New York City community.
Edenworks actively encourages applicants with widely diverse and non-traditional backgrounds to apply.
- Be directly involved with horticulture operations including seeding, harvesting, washing, packaging, post-harvest cleaning, and yield tracking.
- Manage operation of state-of-the-art Recirculating Aquaculture System
- Direct team members in aquaculture operations and cleaning
- Maintain high levels of food safety and animal welfare, following and developing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Agricultural Practices (GAP), and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) protocols.
- Manage the delivery process, which includes invoicing, preparing produce for delivery, and coordinating with our delivery team.
- Analyze water chemistry to manage nutrient levels and balance water quality
- Care for fish from early life to harvest, track their growth, and monitor changing environmental conditions
- Monitor the farm for diseases and pests utilizing Integrated Pest Management practices
- Manage facility level inventory and supply chains for farming and aquaculture operations
- Conduct general maintenance, system operation, and minor repairs to keep operations running smoothly
- Degree or training in a relevant field such as Agriculture, Aquaculture, Biology, Chemistry, Environmental or Life Sciences, etc.
- Professional experience with agriculture, aquaculture, or food production
- Experience using and maintaining livestock growth charts
- Professional or academic experience around plants and/or animals
- This is a full time year round 40 hours a week position.
- Monday–Friday, 9am–5pm with some weekend chores (Edenworks team members rotate for weekend coverage)
- Salary is $50,000 - $60,000, depending on experience.