Interior Horticultural Technician
Compensation: $16/$24 per hour
Blondie’s Treehouse Inc. is a nationally recognized horticultural firm based in the New York City area. Specializing in the design, installation and maintenance of Interior Plantscapes, Exterior Landscapes, Floral Artistry and Holiday Décor, Blondie’s has been setting industry standards for over 35 years. As a multi-faceted, dynamic company Blondie’s is known for landscape design and construction, seasonal horticultural styling, rooftop gardens and interior specimen plantings. Always looking for new talent, Blondie’s prides itself on providing the best the industry has to offer.
We are seeking to add a key member to our NYC horticultural service team. This position is a full-time indoor and outdoor position that requires a high energy, detail oriented self-starter who works well independently as well as being a crucial component to the success of the team.
- Tasks include but are not limited to proper watering, fertilizing, weeding, edging, deadheading, pest control, staking, tying training of vines and other plant material, raking, cultivating and irrigation system monitoring
- Will be expected to be responsible for maintaining their assigned accounts
- Understand the job duties for each day and prepare accordingly
- Knowledge of the common interior/tropical plants; as well as their care and cultural requirements watering
- Responsible for Planting; as well as help on installations
- This position requires a strong communicator (by phone and email), with an enthusiastic attitude, who is a responsible and reliable person. You will be responsible for communicating with service staff and operations staff as well as clients regarding plant care.
- This position requires a punctual individual
- Candidate must be capable of lifting up to 50lbs, be comfortable working on a ladder and being active all day
- Candidate will be expected to work in a wide range of weather and temperature extremes
- Basic familiarity with identification and treatment of diseases and insects affecting landscape plants is a must, but training is available for a highly motivated candidate
- Knowledge and familiarity with Green Wall/ Living plant wall care and maintenance a plus.
- A working knowledge of the NYC public transportation and/or valid NY driver’s license a plus but not required
- NYS Pesticide Certification a plus