Interior Horticultural Technician
Start Date: 7/26/21 Compensation: $18-$25/hour
Blondie’s Treehouse Inc. is a nationally recognized horticultural firm based in the New York City area. Specializing in the design, installation and maintenance of Interior Plantscapes, Exterior Landscapes, Floral Artistry and Holiday Décor, Blondie’s has been setting industry standards for over 35 years. As a multi-faceted, dynamic company Blondie’s is known for landscape design and construction, seasonal horticultural styling, rooftop gardens and interior specimen plantings. Always looking for new talent, Blondie’s prides itself on providing the best the industry has to offer.
We are seeking to add a member to our Westchester Service team. This is a dynamic full-time position that requires a high energy, detail oriented, plantsman who works well independently as well as being a reliable part of our team.
This is a great opportunity to develop a career with a premier Horticultural service company. Benefits include; paid vacation and holidays, educational industry opportunities, career development support, medical insurance and 401k.
- Territory would go from Riverdale ( Bronx ) through Ardsley, Scarsdale, White Plains, Tarrytown area all the way to Millwood.
- Must be able to work in rain or shine conditions to successfully manage the accounts given.
- This position requires a strong communicator (by phone and email), enthusiastic, responsible and reliable person.
- Greenwall / Living Wall maintenance included. Training will be provided however candidate will need to be thorough, patient and reliable to successfully care for vertical gardens.
- Candidate must be capable to lift 40lbs, be comfortable working on a ladder and be active all day long
- Working knowledge of horticulture is required. Experience with plant materials including interior foliage and exterior ornamentals is preferred.
Candidate will be expected to be responsible for their own accounts but not limited to the following:
- Knowledge of the common interior/tropical plants; as well as their care and cultural requirements watering
- Knowledge of common garden pests/diseases and IPM
- Planting; as well as help on installations
- Communicating with service staff and operations staff
- Communicating with clients regarding plant care
Contact Name: Emily Wagner