Greenery NYC Interior Horticulturists are responsible for maintaining interior plants in client spaces throughout NYC. They may be called on to assist with installations or special projects outside the scope of indoor plant maintenance, however their primary responsibility is to maintain the integrity of plant installations. Happy plants makes for happy clients! The horticulturists’ positive attitude, enthusiasm and passion for their work is essential to the experience we offer our clients in re-connecting them with the natural environment.
- Watering, pruning and grooming plants to keep a vibrant, tidy appearance
- ID plant pests and disease, and treat as needed
- Maintain daily notes and upload to Google drive
- Bring up client/site action items and discuss possible solutions at weekly touch base meetings
- Address clients on site if approached, answer questions they may have or reach out to a manager for additional information
- Continue to learn and improve horticultural skills
- Learn to operate and troubleshoot Greenery NYC’s automated systems, which include indoor irrigation and/or grow lights
- Engage and contribute in meaningful and creative ways to meetings, projects and the company as a whole
- 1+ years of horticulture related experience
- Passion for indoor plants!
- Detail oriented, self starter with a customer service orientation
- Honest and trustworthy with a good work ethic
- Knowledge of irrigation and low voltage lighting a plus
We believe that bringing the natural world in to your home, office, or outdoor space will increase your quality of life.
Greenery NYC was founded in 2010 as a botanic design company. We create living installations that foster a connection to nature, bringing more plant life and awareness to New York City and beyond.
Our focus is on the emerging field of biophilic design and collaborating with our clients to create environments that successfully incorporate nature into human spaces to make happier, healthier and more productive places to live and work.