Interior horticulturists are responsible for caring for interior plants and botanic installations in client spaces throughout NYC. They may be called on to assist with installations or special projects outside the scope of indoor plant care, however their primary responsibility is to maintain the integrity of plant installations. Happy plants make for happy clients! The horticulturists’ positive attitude, enthusiasm and passion for their work is essential to the experience we offer our clients in re-connecting them with the natural environment.
- Assessing individual plant water needs and providing water as needed to the plants on site.
- Scouting for pests and treating as needed.
- Dusting plant leaves and pruning foliage as needed to maintain an excellent and tidy appearance at all times.
- Checking automated systems (irrigation, lighting) for proper function.
- Assisting with installations by planting, delivering, and installing interior plants.
- Assisting with living wall installations as needed.
- Checking the calendar and Greenery NYC email daily.
- Keeping daily notes and update maintenance logs and photos in Google drive.
- Keep Greenery plant inventory watered and cared for in our HQ/studio.
- Continue to learn and improve horticultural skills.
- Learn to operate and troubleshoot Greenery NYC’s automated systems.
- Engage and contribute in meaningful and creative ways to meetings, projects and the company as a whole.
- Strong interest in interior tropical plants.
- 1 year experience working with plants or horticulture degree.
- Smartphone and ability to take public transit around NYC.
- Strong work ethic, trustworthy, with an eye for design and details.
- Regularly lift 30+ lbs.
- Passion for plants and a sense of humor.
Greenery NYC is a Brooklyn-based botanic design company that specializes in the integration of plant life into architecture and human spaces. As a multi-faceted, fast-paced company, Greenery NYC is known for creating innovative botanic installations that utilize technology and deep horticultural knowledge to enable lasting indoor ecosystems.
We offer a competitive hourly rate and benefits such as health and dental, paid vacation and sick leave, 401k and more. We also offer the option to work a 4 day 40-hour work week, or a 4-day 32 hour work week, if desired.
Please send us your resume and a brief introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Name: Kristin