Interior Plant Designer & Project Lead
The Interior Plant Designer & Project Lead would be responsible for designing and overseeing the execution of indoor plant installations in New York City. You would lead client communications, develop design proposals, work with our Sourcing and Installation teams, and oversee the installation of select projects.
This position is creative, flexible, team-supported at every step, and has a high degree of growth potential. To start it is a part-time role, but it has the potential to grow into a full-time position. The job is remote, but you would need to be located in the NYC-metro area and available for occasional project visits.
Jungle NYC is an indoor plant lifestyle company based in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. We match plants to the diverse styles of the city through ecommerce/retail and design. Our design group works on the full scope of medium to large-scale indoor plant projects, from concept design to installation and ongoing plant care. Through our plant care service, we have the pleasure of seeing many of our plant designs grow up.
The Jungle Design Team works on an exciting mix of projects; commercial, residential, special events, and select brand partnerships. Our typical client is a tech, fashion, or cultural company, and past clients include; Google, Arc’teryx, Farm Rio, Pinterest, National Sawdust, Frieze Art Fair, Adidas, and Matte Projects.
- Client Liaison: Communicate directly with clients, with support from the team.
- Work with leadership to refine Jungle NYC’s design process and style.
- Project Assessment: Identify the project scope and plant design opportunities through remote 1-on-1 meetings.
- Interior Plant Design: Prepare high-quality design proposals that meet the project’s scope, set-up plants for success, and are creative in nature.
- Contractor/Vendor Coordination: Manage industrial designers, fabricators, and specialists for custom projects, including planters and living systems. May sometimes include managing the Delivery & Install team.
- Coordinate with the Sourcing team to validate the design and realize projects according to schedule.
- Creative experience; Develop and oversee realization of concept-driven designs.
- Ability to use design software; especially Adobe InDesign.
- Professional knowledge of indoor plants and their requirements.
- Excellent communication skills; Has experience working directly with clients.
- Experience in a leadership or independent role.
- Extra: Experience with living green walls and integrated irrigation systems.
- The ideal candidate would be an experienced indoor plant design specialist with a background in design. Diligence, communication, and creativity are important for this role, as is teamwork.
- This position is work-remote with a relatively flexible schedule. The candidate must be located in NYC and available to work on projects in-person as needed.
- We strive to be sustainable at every step and only work with living plants using low-waste design.
Contact Name: Emily Bauer