Intern Designers, Builders, Stewards for Regenerative Gardens
Start Date: Immediate Compensation: $20-$25
Design by Plants is looking for plant people to join our team with a strong desire to learn how to design and construct restorative gardens and landscapes. We are looking for creative individuals with a minimum of 1 year of horticultural or garden construction experience.
This part to full time position offers an opportunity to become a part of a small firm offering a broad opportunity to learn and contribute across all areas of garden-making. We ask all team members to become competent across the fundamentals of designing and constructing gardens. This requires a knowledge of plants, natural systems and ecosystems, basic construction in wood and stone and design communication through renderings and drawings. Flexibility and an ability to support multiple efforts is important.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about plants and rebuilding ecological systems, be a team player with great people skills, be flexible and creative, be resourceful and a problem-solver.
- Excellent communication, organizational and planning skills
- A strong interest in garden and landscape design and the materials and methods employed in the construction of garden elements including garden fences, walls, patios, planters and pergolas.
- A demonstrated capability in sketching, drafting and the production of design drawings.
- A demonstrated competency with computers and image editing/graphics software
- An ability to format and manage spreadsheets for project cost estimation and tracking
- A demonstrated knowledge of plants, their ID, culture and care requirements
- A basic understanding of garden elements, materials and basic construction processes
- Driver’s license and good driving record. Travel and an occasional overnight may be required.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs and assist in the movements of plants, soils and construction materials
- Completion or commitment to complete OSHA 10-Hour General Industry certification within 90 days of employment
- A strong desire to help us strengthen plant communities and teach others how to steward the living systems essential to reducing climate chaos and supporting life on this planet
Please submit a resume and cover letter indicating your interest in the position. We are seeking help through December 22 with a 4-5 days per week commitment. Potential to continue full-time for the right individuals
Design by Plants
Contact Name: Anne Wiesen