Intervine Project Manager
Background: HOPE has a 35 year track record of transforming lives of New Yorkers through training, jobs and career advancement. We offer five training opportunities preparing New Yorkers for diverse careers as well as sector-based training in food industry and in green construction and maintenance. Our student-centered approach, employer-driven training, wide range of support services, and commitment to lifelong support yield strong results, notably a job placement rate of 76% and retention rates of 93% at 90 days and 83% at one-year.
Program Description: Intervine is a social enterprise that includes a paid transitional training program that prepares participants for careers in horticulture, green infrastructure, and solar panel installation. By providing paid work alongside job search support and career building training, the program allows people to gain experience and earn income while seeking a permanent job. The program includes hands on training, soft skills development and industry recognized certifications.
The Position: The HOPE Program is seeking a Project Manager who will coordinate the overall training schedule and oversee the horticultural and energy efficiency projects for Intervine’s paid transitional training program. The Project Manager will also coordinate our revenue generating fee for service contracts. The Project Manager reports to the General Manager, Social Enterprises.
- Plan and execute green infrastructure and energy efficiency projects such as tree stewardship, plant installation and maintenance, construction and care of green roofs, weatherization and in unit implementation of conservation measures
- Coordinate implementation of tree stewardship, plant installation and maintenance, and construction and care of green roofs and other stormwater management projects; plan and execute energy efficiency projects including weatherization and in unit implementation of conservation measures
- Coordinate the training schedule for the Intervine participant cohorts including work projects and classroom-based trainings
- Supervise employees as needed during off-site on thejob training activities and delivery of revenue generating services
- Contribute to development and refinement of training program materials
- Collaborate with Business Development team to bid for new contracts, develop grant applications, and complete funder reports
- Order materials and schedule labor to fulfill contracts
- Partner with Employment team and Case Manager to engage Intervine employees in permanent job search and supportive services as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Horticultural, construction or energy efficiency experience, preferably with knowledge of basic construction tools and techniques
- Experience with project management including budgeting, scheduling, and reporting
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Familiarity with GSuite apps
- Ability to work with and motivate adults of diverse backgrounds and abilities
- Very detail-oriented, well-organized and able to work on multiple activities simultaneously
- Commitment to environmental and economic justice
The HOPE Program offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Interested Candidates: Please forward cover letter (indicating which position you are applying for and where you saw listing) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes unaccompanied by a cover letter will not be reviewed. No telephone calls, please.
The HOPE Program is an equal opportunity employer.
The HOPE Program