Irrigation Technician / Green Wall Technician
Greenery NYC seeks an irrigation technician / green wall technician to keep living wall installations thriving and beautiful. Professional irrigation experience required; plant knowledge is a plus but is not required for the right candidate. Low voltage lighting experience also a plus. Full time or part time position.
- Proficiency with irrigation; able to operate and troubleshoot automated systems used within Greenery NYC. This includes but is not limited to: using timers, recording and changing irrigation settings, operating green walls, using nutrient injectors and being able to calculate fertilization rates in order to deliver the appropriate amount of water and nutrients to plants.
- Pruning and performing general plant maintenance on living wall installations.
- Knowledge of tropical plants used in interiors, including species-specific watering needs, fertilization requirements, light requirements and the ability to use a light meter.
- Proficiency in problem solving and troubleshooting issues that come up; able to deal with issues in an independent manner with a proactive approach.
- Monitoring plant health and treating for pests as needed.
- 1+ years professional experience with irrigation and horticultural troubleshooting
- Proactive, hard-working, and punctual
- Proper pruning and planting skills
- Comfortable working on ladders and lifts
- Willingness and ability to learn
- Experience with low voltage lighting systems a plus
- Must be a self-motivated, energetic, hardworking, honest, reliable and responsible
We believe that bringing the natural world in to your home, office, or outdoor space will increase your quality of life.
Greenery NYC was founded in 2010 as a botanic design company. We create living installations that foster a connection to nature, bringing more plant life and awareness to New York City and beyond.
Our focus is on the emerging field of biophilic design and collaborating with our clients to create environments that successfully incorporate nature into human spaces to make happier, healthier and more productive places to live and work.