Irrigation Technician (Part Time)
Irrigation Technician (part-time)
Outside Design Build, a niche Green Roof firm in Brooklyn, NY with a diverse portfolio and a commitment to sustainable practices is seeking a part-time Irrigation Installer who is intelligent, hard-working, and able to learn on the job.
- Perform routine maintenance of existing irrigation systems, including minor repairs, re-programming of settings, winter shut down and spring start up.
- Install Irrigation Systems for roof top gardens, including valves and controls, and all system piping: ¾” ½” and drip.
- Work throughout Brooklyn, Manhattan, with occasional trips to accounts in the Hamptons and New Jersey. Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record prefered.
- Communicate directly with clients and the public.
- Ability to follow instructions and execute tasks in an timely and efficient manor
- Dependable, hard-working, and can-do attitude.
- Punctual and willing to work in all kinds of weather
- 2+ years plumbing, irrigation, gardening or comparable experience
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work with a team and independently
- Ability to work part-time, between 2 to 3 days a week (thru November)
- Some garden maintenance is part of the job, so a preference given to individuals with good working knowledge of plant and weed identification; maintenance of perennials, grasses, vines, shrubs and trees; pest identification and management; training, pruning and deadheading
- Must be able to use basic plumbing tools, and operate basic construction tools such as drills, drivers and saws
- Experience with hand pruners, rakes, shovels, loppers, and weed whacker (occasional) a plus
We have adapted our business to the demands of COVID-19 by providing PPE, a socially distanced workplace, and are very thoughtful about any entry into private residences we may need to enter in order to access the gardens we maintain.