JR Property Manager
Start Date: 01/05/2022 Compensation: 75,000
The Assistant Property Manager is a service-oriented individual who provides hands-on assistance to the Property Manager and works closely with subcontractors and the house staff to maintain the property at the highest standards and support household operations.
Under the day-to-day direction of the Property Manager and collaborating closely with contractors, household, and Finance/Administrative staff, the APH is responsible for ensuring the home exteriors and surrounding property are well-maintained at all times.
- Oversee landscaping and grounds under the direction of the Property Manager.
- Assist Property Manager with overseeing subcontracted landscape team on property projects.
- Perform regular perimeter property checks and maintenance.
- Ensure efforts are made to reduce the operational consumption of resources and manage waste through environmentally sensitive practices.
- Assist contracted snow-removal company by using a shovel to remove snow and spread sand, chat, and salt on snow or ice-covered surfaces.
- Ensure that grounds maintenance equipment and building maintenance equipment are operational by performing routine and preventative maintenance and cleaning of tools, equipment, and machines within reasonable capabilities.
- Conduct routine sweeps of the property to address maintenance conditions as well as security breaches or unusual activity.
- Conduct regularly scheduled exterior deep cleaning.
- Maintain vehicles for readiness at all times including cars, trucks, ATVs, and bicycles.
- Handle seasonal maintenance and cleanups.
- Acts as the backup capacity for all New York properties.
- Confirm all appointments and arrangements scheduled and keep the Property Manager updated on all schedule changes in a timely way. Proactively inform Property Manager of upcoming commitments and responsibilities.
- Coordinate household deliveries, shipping, receiving, tracking, customs and storage.
- Assist Property Manager and Chef with food provisioning, set up for dinners and special events, and foodservice and clean up.
- Runs household errands and other driving as needed.
- Minimum five years related work experience on a private estate.
- Extensive knowledge in gardening work including watering, fertilizing, potting, repotting, pruning, grooming, and general maintenance.
- Must be flexible with work schedule and ability to be “on-call” during weekends for emergencies
- Always striving to improve the way things are done so they are most effective.
- Courteous, pleasant demeanor, extremely discreet, honest, non-obtrusive, and responsible character.
- Ability to multitask and remain calm in the face of unexpected challenges.
- Experience in light plumbing, electrical, mechanical, carpentry, and painting preferable.
- Tech savvy and knowledge of residential mechanical systems is an additional asset.
- Good communications skills in both English and Spanish are preferred, both written and verbal but not essential.