Landscape Architect/Designer & Project Manager
Compensation: We firmly believe in the value each team member adds to the organization and are proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Elevations Landscape Design + Build is a boutique design firm specializing in residential landscape projects in the New York metro area. Our work includes all aspects of garden spaces from concept and planting designs to onsite work such as hardscape and carpentry, planting, irrigation and lighting.
We are seeking a landscape designer & project manager with exceptional design and organizational / management skills to see a project through all its phases. This person will work closely with the firm’s principal, staff and clients to ensure that the integrity and quality of the design is maintained from conception to completion.
This key position will handle project intake, including initial site consults, conceptual designs, estimating and project bids. They will then be responsible for completing the design phases for contracted projects including providing all final design details, proposals, permitting and board submittals as required. The landscape designer will be responsible for overseeing each installation in tandem with site teams. Their primary focus is to ensure client satisfaction and create thoughtful, artfully designed gardens.
The ideal candidate is a resourceful, passionate team player looking to “settle in” with a growing firm. We firmly believe in the value each team member adds to the organization and are proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Responsibilities & Typical Work Activities include
- Overseeing and developing multiple projects in different phases of both design & implementation including:
- Meeting with clients to establish project scope and aesthetics
- Conduct site consults to understand project scopes and to document site including photos, detailed measurements and site conditions.
- Translate site information and client wishes to create, present and develop design plans and estimates with clients
- Communicate with vendors to request quotes and acquire bids as necessary
- Compile board packages and internal production documentation
- Work with construction staff to create construction details and production plans
- Communicating with vendors for project material quotes and orders
- Liaising with engineering & architectural firms to ensure compliance with city codes and project filings
- Working with office staff and field staff to create installation schedules
- Making site visits, reviewing project details with field staff & acting as quality control on installations and ensuring deadlines are met
- Maintaining consistent communication with clients for scheduling, progress updates and follow-ups
- Maintain digital log and files of project information
- 3+ years City based Landscape Design experience
- Experience working locally, knowledge of vendors, and unique demands of NYC garden installations
- Demonstrable digital rendering experience with AutoCad, VectorWorks, & Adobe Creative Suite, proficiency with 3-D modeling and Sketch-Up
- Comfort working in online project management software, experience with Monday.com a plus
- Demonstrable experience designing and implementing landscape projects with a detailed eye in an urban setting, including roof, terrace and ground level spaces
- Proficiency in preparing accurate and thorough construction documents, contracts, & estimates
- Experience with client presentations & communications
- Strong verbal, written and graphic communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of local plant ID, specification and growth habits
- Working knowledge of irrigation and lighting systems
- Ability to work in outdoor, at times physically strenuous environment
- Proficiency and passion for creatively designing unique urban gardens
- Positive attitude
- Ability to enthusiastically guide clients from expectations to outcome and present themself with integrity
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with teams
- Possess strong design, problem solving and critical thinking abilities
- Detail orientated with strong organizational, time and resource management skills
- Ability to multitask managing multiple projects at a given time.
- High degree of self-motivation, flexibility and resourcefulness- taking initiative to execute projects to the highest standards
- Enjoy developing client relationships and fostering a collaborative environment within the studio
Qualified candidates should email cover letter, resume, and portfolio in PDF format showcasing your skill range and relevant experience.
Please submit information to email@example.com
Elevations Landscape Design + Build
Phone: (718) 715-0755