Landscape Construction & Labor
Compensation: Competitive rates are offered based on experience.
Elevations Landscape Design + Build is a boutique design firm specializing in residential landscape projects in the New York metro area. Our work includes all aspects of garden spaces from concept and planting designs to onsite work such as hardscape and carpentry, planting, irrigation and lighting.
We are currently seeking a free-lance construction assistant on a project by project basis who is eager to learn more about the profession. Candidates must be team players who possess a positive attitude, good communication skills, and a willingness to work outdoors in all weather conditions. The position involves heavy lifting (at least 50lbs) as well as working on your feet for a sustained period. Excellent organizational and communication skills are a requirement. The position is right for someone who is excited about the challenge of working to deadlines and meeting daily goals with care and attention to detail on multiple projects over the season.
- Following construction installation details and schedules with team leader, including:
- Deck & fence building
- Irrigation systems
- Lighting installation
- Bluestone and brick patios
- Raised and adjustable height pedestal/paver systems
- Documenting visit information and following up with issues as they arise
- Communications with supervisors and installation teams as required
- Exceptional attention to detail and maintaining cleanliness of each project site
- Participate in soil and planting work as needed
- Knowledge of outdoor construction
- Completely comfortable with power tools for both wood and stone cutting
- Experienced and willing to work outdoors in inclement weather
- Meticulous and detail-orientated, with a positive and respectful attitude
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and takes pride in their work
- Ability to maintain construction sites in a neat and orderly fashion; trouble shooting effectively and make decisions on job sites
- Valid and clean driver’s license
- Familiarity with NYC streets
- Ability to drive a box truck
- OSHA 30 certified
Competitive rates are offered based on experience. We are looking for someone to grow with the company.
TO APPLY: send resumes and cover letter detailing relevant experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org