Halsted Welles Associates is a long-established, published New York City Landscape Design-Build-Maintenance firm specializing in high-end rooftops, terraces, and townhouse gardens. For over 50 years, HWA has worked in partnership with a distinguished clientele to develop unique solutions for lifestyle and functional outdoor living. We are a multidisciplinary team of designers, engineers, artisans, craftsmen, and horticulturists who create urban gardens with an understanding of native ecology and human needs.
An opportunity exists in HWA for a motivated designer to assist in all facets of design and execution. Creating an HWA garden is a collaborative effort, and we encourage contribution throughout the project’s development and execution. This position is an opportunity to work and grow with our experienced team as we conceive and build urban gardens.
- Concept through construction document drawings, presentation drawings, and shop drawings.
- Research and source new vendors, materials, and methods of fabrication/ installation.
- Work with Operations to estimate installation proposals
- Coordinate with in-house fabrication and installation teams, vendors, and with clients
- Site work, including surveys and installation reports
- BA degree in Landscape Architecture, Architecture, or a related design field.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD or Vectorworks drafting software, Adobe Suite, and general graphic design abilities
- 2-3 years of professional experience in a landscape design office or a related design field
- Basic familiarity with construction and fabrication drawings, detailing, and process.
- Interest in ecologically sound horticulture and planting design.
- Strong written and communication skills
- A professional, positive attitude as a team member
- Time management and organizational skills
- Motivated to work both in the office or the field
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and portfolio (PDF).
Halsted Welles Associates