Landscape Designer/Project Manager
Start Date: 1/30/20
Town and Gardens is a national award winning landscape design build firm seeking a combined designer/project manager in our installation department for immediate hire. Candidates with relevant experience designing and managing high end urban landscape projects should apply. In particular we are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic candidate that is team oriented with the ability to manage a project from concept through design to completion of installation. The position is ideal for those interested in the unique and hands on aspects of design and project management within the design build model.
- Landscape installation and construction management experience.
- Sales and client management.
- Estimating and budgeting.
- Design development.
- Candidate must have a discerning eye for good landscape and hardscape design and ability to create graphically sophisticated presentations.
- Familiarity with building submissions and working within building guidelines.
- Work collaboratively with field staff, vendors and subcontactors.
- Degree in landscape design, landscape architecture or architecture.
- Minimum five years designing and project managing.
- Self starter with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Ability to lead a project team and appropriately delegate work.
- Familiarity with estimating and bidding processes.
- Familiarity with NYC building code and typical building rules and regulations.
- Good knowledge of landscape construction methods, materials and processes.
- Prior experience in the field of urban landscape design, installation and/or management.
- Familiarity with CAD or Vectorworks, Sketchup, and Adobe creative suite.
We offer a competitive salary, benefits and paid vacation
To apply, please email a resume, cover letter and work samples/portfolio if applicable (no more than 10 MB) to email@example.com
Please put the position you are applying for in the subject line.