(Paid Opportunities) Return to Paid Opportunities
Start Date: March 27, 2023 Compensation: Starting at $33-$36 per hour
Established in 1984, Chelsea Garden Center operates two Brooklyn, NY, garden centers, one in Red Hook, and the second in Williamsburg. We specialize in the design, delivery, and installation of both residential and commercial landscapes. We have a diversified portfolio of work from residential gardens on rooftops and backyards to large scale commercial projects of every description.
This is a full-time position as we continue to build our team of technicians. You must be a skilled craftsman with team building and leadership skills to motivate a crew of four to five. This position has solid growth potential based on performance. We are striving to broaden our highly skilled craftsman and foreman positions. Are you the right fit? A clean valid driver’s license is required.
- Manage and direct a crew of four to five on project worksite.
- Oversee the loading of the day’s plants and materials if required.
- Maintain your installation tools and equipment & make sure your team is equipped for the day.
- Review work order & job installation instructions with the garden designer.
- Take care to install all hardscape and plantings as directed in an efficient and timely manner.
- Jobsites must be left better than broom clean, immaculate.
- You will be responsible to return your paperwork orders to your dispatcher for processing.
- Plan reading is required along with accurate materials take offs and purchasing.
- Time management and efficiency is critical to bringing home each project successfully.
- Jobsite interaction with client as required, problem solving, and critical path thinking is a must.
- Nearly every project will throw a curve ball at you, the expectation, you will adjust your swing.
- You must be highly skilled in masonry, carpentry, stonework and plant handling and installation.
- You must be punctual and reliable along with being a talented and motivated craftsman.
- Clean driving record is a must.
Send resume and cover letter to both Alex@chelseagardencenter.com and to email@example.com
Chelsea Garden Center
Contact Name: Alex Protell