Start Date: ASAP Compensation: $52,100-$55,120 annually ($25.00-$26.50 per hour)
The Newport Restoration Foundation is a non-profit museum and preservation organization, located in beautiful Newport, RI and is currently seeking a Landscape Supervisor to lead the Grounds and Gardens Crew. This position is both a managerial and hands-on position.
The Supervisor is responsible for overseeing as well as participating in providing year-round maintenance of the gardens and grounds and of Rough Point Museum and other NRF properties. This position supervises three year-round employees, and one part-time seasonal employee.
- Lawn mowing and maintenance.
- Spring and fall leaf clean-up.
- Tree work including pruning, removal and chipping.
- Hedge trimming from the ground or ladder.
- Snow removal including plowing.
- Edging and mulching, tree and shrub planting.
- Hardscape repairs and installation
- General cleaning of shop and facilities.
- Equipment and vehicle maintenance and repair.
- Winterizing work at Rough Point as necessary.
- Water supply and irrigation maintenance and repair.
- Coordinate with the Director to ensure historical landscape accuracy.
- Supervise and manage the grounds and gardening staff in an effective manner.
- Occasionally assist museum staff with educational projects and participate in one to three public programs each season.
- Help organize annual plant sale.
- Collaborate with NRF’s Preservation Department on the following at the Preservation Properties:
- Identifying and planning for landscape and hardscaping maintenance needs.
- Carrying out, supervising, and/or subcontracting landscape and hardscaping maintenance.
- Reviewing tenant requests for landscape maintenance and changes.
- Maintaining landscapes at vacant properties.
- Assisting with landscaping at duplexes.
- Adhere to all company safety practices, procedures and policies.
- Other projects as requested by the President.
- Minimum five years of landscaping experience
- Minimum three years supervisory experience.
- Experience with public gardens, parks, and/or museum properties a plus.
- Possess a strong working knowledge of plant material.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication as well as problem-solving and negotiating skills.
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision making.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Fundamental budgeting skills.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and dedication.
- Eager and willing to work as part of a team.
All employees are required to comply with NRF COVID-19 policies
Interested candidates should submit a résumé to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. EOE.
- $52,100-$55,120 annually ($25.00-$26.50 per hour)
- Full-time / year round work 100% employer paid medical, dental vision life, insurance,
- Employer contribution to health savings account,
- 401(k) contribution (not a match)
- 15 vacation days, 10 sick days, holidays
- Life, Long Term Disability and AD &D insurance 100% paid by employer
- Professional development assistance.
Newport Restoration Foundation
Contact Name: Patricia Maeve Sheehan
Phone: (401)849-7300 x111