Blooming Beds is passionate about gardening! We are committed to delivering the highest quality in plant care to the families and businesses we serve. Our commitment to quality has been the cornerstone of our growth. And our employees, suppliers, and customers are the foundation of our success.
As we continue to grow, we are looking to hire a Landscape Technician that can assist our gardening staff with performing general landscaping tasks such as pesticide and fertilizer applications, mowing, and plant installation. There will be some general gardening tasks that need to be perform but the primary focus will be general landscaping. The Technician will also be responsible for recording pesticide application details and maintaining the Pesticide Application Log.
This position is currently part-time but can grow into a full-time opportunity in the future.
Hours Per Week: 8 to 20
Weekend work: yes
Salary: $18 – $22/hr based on experience
- Perform general landscaping activities such as mowing, line trimming, and blowing.
- Perform pesticide and fertilizer applications using nbackpack, handheld, and gas-powered spray equipment.
- Perform gardening work including but not limited to weeding, pruning, and trimming & shaping of shrubs and small trees.
- Perform installation of bulk and bagged material (e.g., mulch, topsoil, compost, gravel, stone).
- Assist with vehicle and equipment preparation and maintenance.
- Use hand tools including but not limited to shovels, rakes, hoes, forks, pruning tools, hammers, saws, etc.
- Use application tools such as push spreaders, handheld, and backpack sprayers.
- Service Area Northern NJ & Surrounding Areas
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED
- Must be honest, reliable, have a strong work ethic, and have good judgment
- Must be self-motivated with a can-do attitude
- Must be able to work well with others
- Must be able to follow directions, show initiative, and complete tasks as instructed
- Must have good English writing and speaking skills
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and clean driving record
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
- Must be able to lift 60lbs unassisted and often
- Must be able to perform pushing, pulling, bending, kneeling, standing, and sitting motions and positions throughout a workday
- Must be able to use gas and electrically powered landscaping.
- Must be willing and able to use a ladder, stepstool, and other elevation equipment
- Must be willing and able to work with pesticides and fertilizers
- Must be able to obtain a pesticide operator’s license
- Must be able to pass OSHA 10 training
Please email your resume to our Recruiter at LLEE@leehillassociates.com
Contact Name: Recruiter