(Paid Opportunities) Return to Paid Opportunities
Bailey Arboretum is seeking an energetic, experienced, and motivated landscape professional. The Landscape Technician performs all duties associated with the maintenance and care of turf and outdoor landscaping.
- Performs a wide range of landscape/maintenance tasks including but not limited to mowing, edging, line trimming, blowing, soil preparation, planting, seeding, mulching, grading, pruning, and planting.
- Performs maintenance of paths, roads, trails, garden beds, and other hardscaping.
- Performs seasonal tasks related to building maintenance and snow/ice removal.
- Performs general maintenance of garden machinery including mowers, trimmers, blowers, chainsaws, and other horticulture tools.
- Support public programs, special events, and private events.
- Adhere to all procedures and guidelines related to safety, safe equipment operations, and equipment maintenance tasks.
- Support facility operations as needed/requested.
- Interact with the public when appropriate in a friendly, polite, service-oriented manner answering questions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Preferred Experience: Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree in Horticulture, Landscape Management, or related field.
- Minimum Experience: High School Diploma with 3-4 years of landscape experience.
- Experience working in a public garden setting.
- Good working knowledge of plant identification and proper horticultural practices.
- Good working knowledge of landscape machinery and horticultural tools.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs.
- Ability to work outside in a variety of weather and landscape conditions.
- Ability to stand, kneel, twist, and bend for prolong periods of time.
- Ability to communicate clearly with staff, volunteers, and visitors.
- Ability to work occasional weekends as-needed to support facility needs.
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Contact Name: Michael Maron