Elevations Landscape Design + Build is a boutique design firm specializing in residential landscape projects in the New York metro area. Our work includes all aspects of garden spaces from concept and planting designs to onsite work such as hardscape and carpentry, planting, irrigation and lighting.
We are looking for a landscape designer with NYC design and sales experience to guide projects from prospects to completion. This key position will handle project intake prior to contracting work, including initial site consults, conceptual designs, estimating and project bids. They will also be responsible for completing the design phases for contracted projects including providing all final design details, proposals, permitting and board submittals as required. The landscape designer will be responsible for overseeing each installation in tandem with project managers and site teams. Their primary focus is to ensure client satisfaction and create thoughtful, artfully designed gardens. The position reports to the founding principal.
Required experience & Attributes:
- 2-3 years Landscape Design experience, field work experience a major plus
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Landscape Architecture or Landscape Design
- Experience working locally, knowledge of vendors, and unique demands of NYC garden installations
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills. Ability to enthusiastically guide clients from expectations to outcome, to always present themselves and company confidently and with integrity, and to project a professional image and positive attitude in all situations.
- Demonstrable digital rendering proficiency in CAD program in 2D and 3D. VectorWorks experience preferred. Proficiency and passion for creatively designing gardens.
- Ability to work in digital platforms for internal communications and file management, Mac preferred.
- Demonstrable experience designing and implementing landscape projects with a detailed eye in an urban setting, including roof, terrace and ground level spaces
- Proficiency in preparing accurate and thorough construction documents, contracts, & estimates
- Impeccable client relations skills, experience with client presentations & communications
- Strong verbal, written and graphic communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain material reference libraries, research production materials.
- Willingness to assist in sales and marketing efforts, cold calling potential strategic partners as necessary
- Thorough knowledge of local plant ID, specification and growth habits
- Working knowledge of irrigation and lighting systems
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather and, at times, in physically strenuous conditions
- Enjoy developing client relationships and fostering a collaborative environment within the studio
We are pleased to offer a competitive salary and full benefit package including a 401k plan and paid vacation.
TO APPLY: send a resume, portfolio, and cover letter detailing relevant experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org