Lawn Care Technician
Start Date: 3/27/23 Compensation: $18 - $24
Invest in your future. Join one of the largest employee-owned companies in the nation! Davey has a unique culture that focuses on the open exchanging of ideas, community partnerships, a commitment to safety and delivering unrivaled client service while acting as industry leaders in horticultural and environmental services.
We are currently looking to add a dynamic Lawn Care Technician to our passionate team of tree care professionals. Your office is outdoors, and you get a new view every day!
- Cultivate your career and fertilize your future!
- Properly diagnose insects, weeds, and fungus conditions, as well as pest shelter areas and conducive conditions.
- Communicate and educate the client regarding the diagnosis and the prescribed pest control, aerification and fertilization service(s) with customers.
- Continuously monitor lawn quality and fertilizing methods after application and communicate progress to customers and supervisors.
- Drive, use, maintain and properly operate equipment (truck and sprayer).
- Love of the outdoors
- Preferred: Background in Forestry, Horticulture or Landscaping
- Preferred: Turf, Weed, Tree and shrub ID, Pathology and knowledge of turf or tree physiology
- Ability to complete the Davey Tree Qualified Plant Health Care Tech training program upon hire
- Ability to complete the Davey Tree First Aid, CPR and defensive driving course upon hire
- Valid driver’s license required
- Preferred: Relevant pesticide and related licenses and certificates
What We Offer: *
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Opportunities for advancement
- All job specific equipment and safety gear provided
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match
- Employee-owned company & discounted stock purchase options
- Group Health Plan
- Employee referral bonus program
- Locations throughout US in major cities and desirable areas
- Career Development Program supported by Industry Expert Safety Specialists & Skills Trainers
- Scholarship Program for Children of Employees
- Charitable matching gift program
*all listed benefits available to eligible employees
Pre-employment Drug Screen and Social Security verification required.