As we continue to grow, we are looking for a talented and professional Lead Gardener to join our team. In this hands-on role you will play a key part in our continued growth and will be tasked with leading a small, dedicated crew. We will look to you to bring your experience and keen eye for details to improve each customer’s landscape and provide input on how we can streamline our operations. You will be joining a team of professionals dedicated to providing the highest level of service to our customers. You need to be a natural leader who consistently sets a positive example for others.
We work Monday through Friday and some Saturdays between the hours of 7 AM and 5:30 PM March to December.
Job Type – Full-Time
Pay: $26 -$32/hr commensurate with experience
Benefits: Paid Time Off & More
The work is a blend of general landscaping activities and detail-oriented gardening work. Our primary focus is maintaining our client’s flowerbeds, foundation plants, borders, gardens, and other spaces where ornamental plants are the focus. Primary daily tasks include weeding/weed control, pruning, trimming, and shaping of herbaceous and woody ornamental plants. We also install and maintain planters, seasonal plantings, and outdoor decorations. There is a small amount of mowing required. Our comprehensive maintenance service includes a Plant Heath Care (PHC) program that requires the use of pesticides and fertilizers on a regular basis.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience
- in a supervisory role and be able to independently manage a crew in the field. The Lead Gardener is responsible for keeping the crew on pace while delivering the level of quality our clients expect from us.
- with plant ID and plant care (woody ornamentals, herbaceous plants, ornamental grasses, etc.)
- in garden maintenance following horticultural practices and standards
- in container gardening (plant & pot selection, installation, and maintenance)
- in design, layout, and installation of seasonal plantings and holiday decorations
The Lead Gardener is the main point of contact in the field with our clientele and must always carry him/herself in a professional manner. There is administrative work required with this position.
- enjoy working outdoors and be prepared to work in inclement weather
- be in good physical condition and able to endure frequent bending, squatting, and repetitive motions
- be able to work on elevated platforms such as step stools, ladders, and scaffolds for extended periods
- be willing to put forth their best effort in completing all assigned tasks beyond those mentioned in this posting
- have good customer service skills
- be willing to work long hours and weekends during the busy season
- be able to lift and carry 60 pounds repeatedly
- Have a clean driver’s license and background
Experience & Education
- 6 years hands-on experience working as a Horticulturist/gardener with a focus on plant care/maintenance
- 2 years of experience working in a supervisory role.
- Formal training required; 2-year or 4-year degree in Horticulture, certificate in Horticulture, completion of a Master Gardener program, and/or continuing education courses in Gardening, Landscaping, and Horticulture
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver’s License required
- Pesticide License(s) (Category 3A, 3B, 3C (NJ)) a plus
- Fertilizer License a plus
Interested persons should send their resumes or questions to our Recruiter at email address: LLEE@LEEHILLASSOCIATES.com
Contact Name: Recruiter