Lead Gardener / Horticulturist
(Paid Opportunities) Return to Paid Opportunities
Start Date: 3-1-2023 Compensation: $29-35 / 65k-75k
Pennington Grey, is a progressive landscape installation and management company located in Bedford Hills NY. We are looking to add to our talented team. Our focus on native plants, ecological approaches and knowledgeable staff. Our goal is to become a training ground for the future land care managers in the region.
Lead Gardener / Horticulturist position is the detail part of our company. They regularly visit properties to hand weed, add annual flowers, small garden design and additions, IPM and plant health care during regular visits.
Working with your teammates on scheduling, client needs, training and learning to expand each other’s skill set.
- Report to Bedford HIlls NY weekdays 6:45am
- Experience in horticulture or gardening that can be demonstrated (past experience, certificate or education, or trial on our team for a few days)
- Valid drivers license and ability to safely operate small trucks and vans
- Ability to use smartphone and navigate electronic time sheets
- Daily detailed notes for each property visit
- Scheduling and planning ahead with team
- Weekly maintenance visits to a portfolio of private residences gardens
- General horticulture and gardening knowledge including: Plant ID, Weeding, detail pruning, training trellised plants, IPM scouting and planning
- Coordinating schedule with teammates to provide continued care of properties
- Communicating with homeowners and planning garden needs and care
- Designing and planning gardens by adding to them and keeping them full and productive
- Collaborating and working with teammates to teach and share knowledge to improve each other
We value work-life balance and encourage our staff to embrace this so that they can perform well at work and when not at work. We offer 5% 401k matching, we offer health insurance, 2 weeks paid vacation time, performance bonus for your personal performance, and a (15%) profit sharing bonus distributed evenly to all employees twice a year. Other fringe benefits include fostering orphaned plants from our nursery.
Pennington Grey LLC
Contact Name: Penn Marchael
Website: Apply Online