Lead Gardener in Brooklyn
Start Date: Immediate
We’re looking for a lead gardener for our small but growing landscape design, construction, and maintenance company. 30 hours+ every week during the garden season. $20-25/hr based on experience. Opportunities for advancement.
We operate almost exclusively in North Brooklyn, with a diverse array of urban garden locales ranging from front yard and back yard, to rooftop and terrace gardens. We’re looking for someone willing to show up every day with enthusiasm for the tasks at hand. Primarily responsible for visiting regular maintenance clients, along with an assistant. We partner with a large urban farm in the Bushwick/Bedstuy neighborhood which is our base of operations.
- Planting and transplanting
- Pruning, deadheading, weeding
- Cleanups, fertilizing, mulching
- Integrated Pest Management
- Irrigation adjustments and maintenance
- Ability to drive the van a plus
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a bicycle
- Knowledge and experience of planting and maintenance
- Good health, capable of lifting 50 lb. and handling tools
- Able to work in inclement weather
Send us your resumé and cover letter: PassionateProduceNYC@gmail.com