Lead Nursery Sales Associate
Opportunity for a quality driven lead nursery sales associate become a vital part of a team who loves to get the job done right!
You take pride in everything you do and so do we. Join Atlantic Nurseries’ dedicated team and grow with us in a cooperative environment where your ideas and skills are valued. Atlantic Nurseries of dix hills, new york is a leading wholesale nursery and grower. We are known for our broad selection of unusual plant material and for providing exceptional quality, service & knowledge to discerning professionals. As both a grower and a wholesaler, our operation is quite diverse. Our customer base includes landscape designers and contractors, public parks and botanical gardens and retail garden centers from the New York Tri-State area.
Atlantic Nurseries’ lead sales associate works in collaboration with our customer service/sales manager and team of sales associates to ensure that we provide exceptional customer service and achieve our sales goals. If you know how to successfully partner with customers and collaborate with co-workers, you would be a perfect fit for this position. We would like to talk to you about a long-term home in the nursery industry with opportunity for advancement.
- Assist customers with plant recommendations & selection (hands-on assistance at our nursery). Provide advice regarding plant substitutions and plant care & maintenance. Process orders efficiently via phone or email. Assemble orders for pickup. Finalize sales transactions through POS system. Follow up orders by phone or email to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Consistently deliver outstanding customer service to ensure the success of customers’ projects.
- Assist the Customer Service/Sales Manager with opening & closing process, cash register, order management, store signage & displays, inventory control, receiving products, restocking.
- Assist with employee training, plant care & maintenance, and general maintenance of nursery facility.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities / Education & Experience:
- Extensive knowledge of plants (annuals, perennials, shrubs, trees & native plants of the Northeast) and horticultural practices and products
- Solid understanding of wholesale nursery/retail garden center/landscape industry operations or similar business
- Excellent customer service skills. Ability to effectively present information & respond to questions (verbal & written)
- Effective organizational skills, ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work independently or to direct a team of co-workers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- POS systems experience helpful
- Able to perform physical activities associated with nursery sales & production in diverse weather conditions. Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in wholesale nursery/retail garden center/landscape operations OR in a related field
- Associates Degree or higher education in Horticulture or in a related green industry field
- Year-round position. Hours fluctuate based on the season.
- Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits.
To Apply: Please send resume and salary requirements to email@example.com
Atlantic Nurseries, Inc. - Dix Hills, NY
Contact Name: Katherine Biene Schaefer