Lead Potting Coordinator
Start Date: ASAP Compensation: 15.50 - 17.00 hourly
White Flower Farm in Morris, Connecticut is seeking a Lead Potting Coordinator. The Lead Potting Coordinator is responsible for insuring that all plants are potted according to work orders generated by the Propagation Department. The Lead Potting Coordinator, with direction from the Container Production Coordinator, oversees quality control of plant material, sets planting depth, and sets work pace. The Lead Potting Coordinator reports potted inventory and raw material counts to the Propagation Manager.
- Proper Planting Methods: The Lead Potting Coordinator will pot plants using the proper soil depth, understand and monitor soil moisture, and have basic horticultural knowledge. The incumbent must understand types of propagative material and how to plant bareroot material.
- Quality Control: The Lead Potting Coordinator will inspect incoming plant material for breakage, cold damage, insects and disease; communicate plant quality issues prior to potting plants; and report damaged products to production staff. Make sure the potted material leaving potting barn up to our standards
- Set Work Pace: The Lead Potting Coordinator will facilitate potting process including, planting, crop placement, labeling and movement of plant material. Insure that daily production is efficient. Set and maintain work pace by creating and enforcing daily/weekly quotas.
- Labeling: The Lead Potting Coordinator will guarantee all plant material is labeled according to work orders and understand and execute master labels containing all crop information.
- Spacing: The Lead Potting Coordinator will conform to seasonal greenhouse and bench spacing needs. Coordinator must communicate effectively with growing team about product placement and watering needs.
- Inventory: The Lead Potting Coordinator must have the ability to count what needs to be potted and report discrepancies. Also understand and act on potting notes on potting work orders. Must proof quantities of potted items before handing in finished potted work orders. Have computer skills to enter approved & completed work orders.
- Reporting: The Lead Potting Coordinator will report mechanical problems to the maintenance team.
- Training: Train all new potting staff in potting methods and explain significance of paper work orders.
- Cross Training: Ability to work in all production departments as well as in the Torrington location as needed. Ability to perform Label creation duties if backup is needed.
- Motivation and dependability.
- Ability to read and react to daily work schedules.
- Read and understand computer-generated reports.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to adapt to constantly changing priorities.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs. or more.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks.
- Ability to perform work both indoors and outdoors.
- Ability to be stationary and/or stand during all working hours.
- Master gardener or equivalent plant knowledge a plus
Interested candidates should email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject Lead Potting Coordinator.
White Flower Farm
Contact Name: Yahmina Penn